For all those with just minimum education, SSC MTS recruitment is a good chance to apply for govt jobs in India.It is conducted to fill multi tasking staff (MTS) vacancies in various ministries & departments of the central government.Although the number of candidates who apply for MTS recruitment keeps increasing every year, many don't know about the job profile of MTS cadre employees.
Apart from Indian civil services (IAS, IPS, IFS etc.,) there are other jobs in central govt that are categorized under Group B, C & D.A total of approx 15 – 20,000 jobs are being created every year in these govt depts through this route.
Inorder to qualify for these jobs, candidates must qualify in exams such as SSC CGL, SSC CHSL SSC JE etc., conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
MTS Job Profile
Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) is a group ‘c’ cadre position that was created as per the 6th CPC recommendation.
Group D posts such as peon, daftary, jamadar, junior gestetner operator, farash, chowkidar, safaiwala etc., were clubbed together recently & henceforth will be called as MTS.
We know you are keen to know about the MTS job profile.Here are some of the most important responsibilities of multi tasking staff, set by the govt:
1) Physical maintenance of records/ files of the section you are posted
2) General cleanliness & upkeep of the section/ unit
3) Carrying of files & other papers within the building
4) Photocopying, sending of FAX etc
5) Other non-clerical work in the Section/ Unit
6) Assisting in routine office work like diary, despatch etc., including on computer
7) Delivering of dak (outside the building)
8) Watch & ward duties
9) Opening & closing of rooms
10) Cleaning of rooms
11) Dusting of furniture etc
12) Cleaning of building, fixtures etc
13) Work related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists
14) Driving of vehicles, if in possession of valid driving license
15) Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc
16) Any other work assigned by the superior authority
The above list is only indicative & ministries/ departments may add few other duties of similar nature depending on work nature.
All those who are applying for SSC MTS recruitment 2017 have one question in mind – What is the take home salary of multi tasking staff (MTS).
Multi Tasking Staff is a general central service group ‘C’ non-gazetted, non-ministerial post that falls under Payband-1 (Rs.5200 - 20200) + Grade Pay Rs.1800.
The take-home salary of MTS ranges between Rs.18,000 – 22,000 /month (approx). Since MTS staff are posted in different depts & states, the salary could vary slightly based on location, allowances etc.,
A Venture of Sawant's Academy.